Q32 Bio is advancing an integrated portfolio of immunomodulatory therapies. With our protein-based molecules we aim to deliver life-changing treatments to patients suffering from diseases for which no or inadequate options exist.
The Director/Sr. Director of Drug Discovery will focus on identifying and developing new assets to add to our portfolio of candidates to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Reporting to the VP of Research, the person in this position will lead and oversee research into potential new internal programs and will remain abreast of current and emerging relevant science and competitive intelligence. The role will also have significant input in research leadership and long-term strategy for Q32 Bio’s scientific efforts and will work closely with other functions within the Research team and across Q32 Bio.
- Guide established biologics discovery and early preclinical biology efforts at Q32 Bio
- Partner with external CROs to manage antibody screening efforts, including developing and transferring functional assays, designing antibody screening strategy, and communicating strategic and technical goals.
- Collaborate with Research colleagues to design and execute strategies for assessing in vitro and in vivo pharmacology of candidate molecules and to incorporate relevant protein engineering to improve candidates’ therapeutic potential.
- Contribute to pharmacology strategy to further explore efficacy and PK/PD of Q32’s pipeline of tissue-targeted fusion proteins in a variety of autoimmune disease indications.
- Identify and develop scientific rationale for new targets and target combinations.
- Establish and develop academic collaborations to identify and evaluate novel therapeutic targets and tissue targeting strategies
- Refine internal processes for new target identification and validation
- Maintain ongoing communications with Q32’s academic founders and SAB to facilitate awareness of emerging relevant science
- Plays a pivotal role in defining and executing on Q32’s medium- and long-term strategy to build the biologics research pipeline.
- Interact with functions across Q32 to align discovery efforts with the companies immediate and long-term goals
- Act as a strategic partner for Q32 Bio’s New Product Planning team, provide Research input on indication prioritization, TPP, and competitive landscaping assessments.
- Collaborate with Clinical and Translational teams to maximize translational feasibility of new Research initiatives
- Effectively communicate plans and progress to Research team, Q32 Bio leadership & SAB, academic and industry collaborators, and CROs
- Serve as a key member of the Q32 Bio’s Science Leadership Team to execute on the companies scientific, clinical, and corporate goals.
- PhD or MD/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline and 10+ years industry or related experience or Masters degree in a relevant scientific discipline and 16+ years industry or related experience
- A strong background in immunology and autoimmune disease.
- Experience leading cutting-edge research in target validation and biologics drug discovery, including design and execution of cell-based and biochemical assays to support candidate screening.
- Strong leadership and management experience and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience establishing and managing collaborations with CROs and academic KOLs
- First-hand experience writing regulatory documents and/or working with clinical development a major plus.
- An understanding of antibody screening and/or protein engineering would be helpful.
Interested candidates should send your resume to email@example.com